The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 20, 2003 at 23:01
Mark W
Long Time Member
March 2003
Thanks for responding to my last request for help. Maybe I can make this a little clearer and Larry or someone can hold my hand on hooking this up.

I have sconce lights hooked up to a circuit that has two 3way switches (one of them a lutron dimmer, the other an on/off switch) and a 4-way on/off switch. The 4-way is in the spot that I need the IR spacer system dimmer (SPS-600M). Most say that this SPS-600M cannot be wired into this 4-way spot, others say it can. I'm assuming it can't.

Here's how the wiring looks behind all the current switches (looking at the switches from the front)

The 3 way Lutron dimmer.

Right side top - brass screw, white wire
Right side bottom - copper screw black wire
Left side Top - ground
Left side bottom - brass screw black wire

The 4-way on/off switch in Theater room:

Right side top - brass screw, white wire
Right side bottom - dark screw white wire
Left side Top - brass screw black wire
Left side bottom - dark screw black wire
Middle bottom - ground

Other 3-way on/off switch

Right side top - brass screw, black wire
Right side bottom - dark screw black wire
Left side Top - brass screw white wire
Left side bottom - ground

What I want to do is to eliminate the "Other 3-way on/off" switch and make it a dummy switch that does nothing. This would then make the "4-way on/off switch in theater room" into a 3-way and the "3-way lutron dimmer" switch would be replaced with an accessory dimmer.

Can anyone tell me what to do with each wire. I know, kind of basic stuff for some, for those others (that's me) this isn't all that easy. Thanks again for the help.

Mark W

Hosting Services by ipHouse