The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday August 7, 2003 at 10:42
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
The VP300 has had some problems according to calibrators on the ISF forum. I think they have been corrected though. I use the Accupel mainly because when I purchased all my equipment I couldn't afford the VP300. Progressive labs is also coming out with a signal generator that will include DVI. Accupel is supposed to be offering an upgrade for DVI and offering it on there new units. Sencore has the 802B if you want DVI but it is ridiculously expensive ?$8000.

The CP5000 is supposed to be a good unit but pricey. Progressive Labs make a unit with the same sensor as the 5000 for less money. I have the progressive labs unit and it works really well. I've used the 5000 and really only software preferences would be the difference.

I have Goldline's DSP30 RTA and TEF. I use Goldline EQ's with customers. The ease of use can't be beat as they integrate together. The SP295 is good as well. I don't like the screen but OTOH it doesn't need a laptop like the Goldline does for 1/12 octave mode and EDTG. If you are going to be using Goldline's EQ's the DSP30 is a no brainer. If you use other EQ's than either unit will get the job done.

Hope this helps

Bob

Ps. If you are a new calibrator and haven't signed up for the ISF forums on www.digitalfilmforum.com please do so because there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained there. As well as all the manufacturer's of test equipment which also contribute.

Hosting Services by ipHouse