Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday August 7, 2003 at 09:38
avdude
Founding Member
February 2002
Brent,

I'm with you on this...

I think there are VERY few PROGRESSIVE SCAN DVD players on the market that are capable of outputting PROGRESSIVE SCAN (480P)through their COMPONENT outs, and at the same time putting out an INTERLACED (480I) signal through their s-video or composite signal. This would require two seperate video output processors/encoders within the unit, which VERY FEW low end units fork over the green to do.

NOW...if you turn OFF the Progressive scan setting, then most WILL output interlaced through both the Component and S-Video/Composite out.

Greg C...I don't think you were that sleepy when you posted this. It is very logical to want progressive scan in a theater room.

Clarify this for us please....

If I'm reading your post correctly, then you want to output progressive scan 480P (the best signal) to the theater room, using the component outputs on the DVD player, while ALSO outputting a signal, presumably through the modulator, via composite, to the rest of the house?

If this is the case, then it won't work, as the player will try to output progressive to EVERY set of outputs, the modulator won't transmit it, and a TV on the other end that isn't HD won't display it correctly. Simply turn off the progressive setting, and do 480I everywhere.

avdude
www.integrationpros.com
AVDUDE
"It might work better if it were plugged in and programmed first...just a thought!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse