The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Sunday November 16, 2003 at 13:29
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
TG... still awaiting Kim's post on this program. Now that so many people are viewing this thread lets get the full info here!

By the way, I want to thank my local AVAD for lending me, free of charge, a Fujitsi Plasma Tabletop mount for my company's show this weekend... obviously no hard feelings over my posts displaying my opinions here. The program makes no sense for my business model as BB, CC, COMPUSA are in it and won't go away. CUSA even hired a former guy who went out of the custom install biz a few years ago to run their department. Having tried to move to a big corporation and teach custom install to them... I can tell you this... Custom to these guys is a hidden Bose system and a bunch of free satellite installs... certainly not building a $250,000 home theater or even a good sounding multi-room system. COMP-USA will stay up on home automation systems as they become TCP/IP and more plug and play but their average employee will not have our integration experience levels and there will always be customers for us. The client that is presently supporting them will continue to do so and is in a different world. The jist of my posts was only to raise awareness... letting the builder you have a relationship with that he/she will be receiving a solicitation from a distributor that will ask for his/her business. If this solicitation sways a builder from a sparky or a big box store and sends them to one of us then cool... if it takes away from me and gives it to my competition and it comes from someone I buy from then I'd be a little pissed off. I have headed off my builders... you should do the same both in regard to AVAD and the big boxers. The program will definitely be going forward... we just need all the info.

RTI Installer... fellow local... drop me a mail... sounds like we can commiserate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse