The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Saturday November 11, 2006 at 13:06
LI Installs
Long Time Member
February 2005
Back round checks are a good thing to run when hiring a new employee. God forbid something happens when they are on a job site, It shows you are concerned with who you employee, that you value your clients safety and the contents of their home.

The thing to remember when you run a check is to check all addresses stated on their application, Drivers license and all surrounding counties for your (company) mailing address. Back round checks are based on counties and a search is usually billed by county. If an applicant now lives in Nassau County but committed a crime in Suffolk County and you only check their current address the report would come up clean.

As you can see back round checks can be costly. An alterative to the back round check is a credit report, their application and some leg work. I would compare all employment on their application to their credit report, looking for unlisted pass employers, could show they have something to hide. Next I would call to verify work history, hire dates, termination dates and if they were DNR (do not rehire). I did this to look for large gaps in employment (which mite indicate jail or incarceration of some kind). If all this looks good you have to then use your street smarts and proceed from their.

If you think about it, as an owner of the company you are still responsible for their actions (good or bad). Do you best to screen everyone you employee, it will help all of us in CI.

Hosting Services by ipHouse