The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Thursday January 11, 2007 at 03:10
JLIntegra
Long Time Member
August 2005
Well I just got back from CES. 4 Hour drive both ways. Really not too much to "wow" about. Alot of things were repeats of CEDIA. Almost not worth it. IMHO

Here's my summary...

- 1080P, 1080P, 1080P, 1080P, 1080P..... Was the buzz word. Although...

- EPSON has finally released 2 1080P 3LCD projectors. Pro Cenima 1080: $4999.00 MSRP. Pro Cenima 1080 HQV (w/ Scilicon Optix Pros.): $7999.99 MSRP

- Toshiba introduced a new HD-DVD player the HD-A20. It is basicly the HD-A2 with 1080P (HDMI 1.3) MSRP: $599. 100 more than the HD-A2(1080i).

- LG's HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player. They ran out of pamphlets on Monday. Was able to get a press CD though. (email me for specs) The LG rep gave me the info. PRICE: $1100 MSRP; Shipping: FEBUARY. (He also told me that BB & CC have already placed rather large orders.) I love it because I believe this is gonna shake up the 2 camps and force a deal. BB and CC must think so also. They also introduced an PC drive version of this.

- No DTS demo room this year so no new DTS demo disc.(unless I missed it) DTS was handing out the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray demo discs some of us got @ CEDIA.

- Seen the Sanyo projector. Some have already posted info so I'm not gonna repeat. Kinda cool though.

- The Hanspree 42" 1080P Firetruck engine TV was ultra cool. (We do work for the local FD, and one of my Part-timers is a Fire Fighter also.) I asked about price but it was a custom made. Would cost about $12000.

- Russound's Video switcher (See prevous posts on this)

- Audio Authority was there again showing their AVatrix. Been a few months sence seing this @ CEDIA and they were able to get me some real world experances on this. (We have on spec'd on a house).

- Taser has a Stun Gun that made my wife want to buy one on the spot. (Thought: I come home late from work and I open the door while she is watching "When a Stranger Calls.....(Original). You can pretty much figure out the rest)

- I missed Brent when I went by the booth.

- "Monster" is all over the place. They won an Innovation award for their "Monster" PS3 cable :$60 (Funny) Avg Copper wire +Thick rubber jcket and offical "Monster" logo = Snake Oil from Monster. What an Innovation!!! :)

- Not present (At least I did not see them)- Denon, Onkyo, Chrestron, Elan, Niles and many others. Even D-Tool's was not there. Was actually suprised to see Kalediescape there. Goes to show that the place to be for us is CEDIA(Hey if anything you get free beer.) Even InfoComm or EHX if you can't make CEDIA.

- Got to see the new Trio - NICE!! Too bad I already bought the Cing 8125. Probly wait a year before I get a new one.

- Windows Vista is nice too but I'm probly gonna wait till the end of the year to upgrade on this one. Takes a beafy machine.

I'm actually not sure if I'm gonna go next year. We scheduled 3 days but had seen pretty much everything by Tue. My wife and I spent today shopping. If there is somthing to be seen of importance then mabye. Vegas is fun though

Last edited by JLIntegra on January 11, 2007 03:37.

Hosting Services by ipHouse