The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Tuesday May 14, 2002 at 10:30
dalem589
Founding Member
May 2002
I am fairly new to Home Theatre, but loving it!

I have 3 main sources for used/viewing DVDs. I buy them from one of two used places in my neighborhood. I go to the library and rent them for $1.00 per day. I order from half.com, and factor in the price of the shipping.

I buy DVDs that I know are, or I believe to be worth having. Classics, great sci-fi, break through technology, etc.

I read quite a bit on the Internet before I buy, generally. Lots of good sites that review DVD releases. Some of my favorite sites- rottentomatoes.com, dvdtalk.com, dvdreview.com, file.com. Try google.com to search for "dvd reviews".

Sometimes I buy a movie used because I have seen it, and liked it enough to have my own copy. Rarely do I buy new, unless it's a real good buy. I find that Circuit City occasionally will have unbeatable pricing on new releases. Also, WalMart has good pricing on many of their DVDs. I am a 'value' person, always looking for a good price.

I have never had a problem with a used DVd, and where I buy they will allow returns if disatisfied with the quality.

Hosting Services by ipHouse