The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Thursday May 30, 2002 at 05:26
Zinja
Founding Member
August 2001
Just purchased two 5900m's and the entre. Entre only supports one 5900m, but Kenwood says later this summer there will be a fix to let it control three players. Also out of the 400 dvd's, entre only recognized and downloaded information on about 275 dvds, the rest had to be manually input. No worse than the pioneer, but it sure cost a lot more. Non-Entre interface (the one that comes with the player is the worst between Sony and Pioneer's) Both 5900m units have a loud whirring noise for the first five - ten minutes of playing - a complaint I understand is common. Also, without Entre, 5900m will not download DVD titles (only cd title and tracks), Kenwood said that it was to expensive for them to get the license to download DVD titles from the standalone units. I recommended that they look at DVDProfiler and they responded that they were looking into it. Since the 5900m has a computer interface, it seems to me that it should be possible to download DVDProfiler title and coverart, but I am not a computer developer, only a user.

Hosting Services by ipHouse