The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday February 20, 2002 at 05:54
Bruce Burson
Founding Member
October 2001
I'd like to share an idea I'm using at home. I have never bothered trying to program the Kenwood's internal GUI -- like many other half-baked "features," I think it's more trouble than it's worth. Instead, I down loaded a freeware copy of DVD Profiler, which is a great, easy to use catalog program that includes cover art and custom reports. In the notes section for each entry, I list the changer slot (or slots) it occupies, plus any other notes for double-sided discs, etc. Adding a disc or disc set generally takes 20-30 seconds only.

It then took me about 15 minutes to modify one of the provided report templates to include my notes information. Now I have a color catalog of all my discs, in alphabetical order, with cover art and all the details I want, including which slot to select on the changer. The format I chose has fourteen entries per page. I keep a hard copy next to the remote for now. All for free, and considerably less time and effort on my part than I think I would have spent trying to program the Kenwood.

In the next few months, I plan to put a PC in my equipment rack. When that's done, the catalog will be available "on-line," displayed on the big screen.

Just an idea, but it sure works for me! :)

-Bruce
Never confuse your career with your life.

Hosting Services by ipHouse