The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Saturday January 26, 2002 at 12:18
slocko
Founding Member
August 2001
given that their is no existing competition in this market, i don't why kenwood didn't wait until they had a better player. i don't understand why they rushed it out along with the entre.

of course if they would have waited any longer i would have bought a second pioneer. Outside of the gui, which is fine once you've set up your categories, there are really only two annoying things. not being able to turn off the subtitles from the remote, or even from the kenwood display menu. The second annyoing flaw, is not being able to bring up the guide while a movie is playing. I don't own the entre yet, but probably will buy it soon even with it's flaws.

I buy dvds frequently (in bunches) and having to input them is too time consuming when compared to having the information download automatically. I also have about 300 cds I want to convert to mp3s and put them on the hard drive of the entre. I no longer really collect music any more and i don't want to deal with cds anymore. Just want to have them on the hard drive, accessible for those few times when i am in the mood for music.

i would buy the hp product for mp3s, but then i won't get the video goodies of the entre. the entre is so tantalizing with it's potential!!!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse