Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 23, 1999 at 00:55
Todd J. Derr
Historic Forum Post
My cinema 7 was an 'open box special' and didn't include a manual. I've managed to gather enough information from here, OFA FAQ, UEIC's web site, etc. to do almost everything I want to do, but the 'sleep' button still mystifies me.

My normal mode of operation is 'Cable/Sat' mode which I have set to 0775 (Echostar DBS), and I have some remapped (mainly TV) keys.

Now, I haven't played with 'Sleep' a lot but when I first got the remote I discovered it seemed resistant to my attempts to assign a macro to it or remap a key on top of it. I eventually deduced that it does something like this: each time you press it, it adds an extra blink (up to 4) and adds time (15 min?) to a timer. when the timer gets to 0 it does 'power'. is this remotely correct? if so, how do you cancel sleep?

anyways, I don't really care if the DSS receiver gets turned off, I really want the TV in sleep mode. So, I assigned a macro to set the TV sleep timer to another key, and was happy that way.

Last night, I got a new TV (Toshiba) and while reprogramming the remote, I noticed that in TV mode the 'sleep' button didn't function like it does in 'cable/sat' mode, it actually brought up the sleep timer screen on the TV. Hm, now I'm confused. Does it know 0775/Echostar has no sleep timer and that's why it does it in that mode? or does it just work that way in cable/sat mode?

Argh. I guess it's not that important to me especially now that my fingers know where to find 'macro 2' when I want to set the tv sleep timer, but it's one of those things that bugs me whenver I look at the remote. Why can't I reassign sleep in cable/sat mode?

Hosting Services by ipHouse