The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday October 23, 1999 at 13:09
David B
Historic Forum Post
Tommy,

The normal POWER command for every device is a toggle switching it OFF if it was ON and ON if it was OFF. Every device in my system recognizes discrete ON and OFF commands. I have found them thru advanced codes or learned them into my Cinema7. I put the Discrete ON for every device on that device's POWER button. I put discrete OFF on the 4L button in every device. Since a discrete OFF command will only turn a system that is already ON off, my ALL OFF macro just makes reference to the discrete OFFs for all my devices.
RCVR,4L,TV,4L,VCR,4L,SAT,4L,DVD,4L,CD,4L. My ALL OFF macro uses those 12 keypresses.

I use 1L to activate my SAT (DSS) setup, using keypresses: TV,POWER,RCVR,2,SAT,POWER,TV,3L,DSS. This turns on the TV, turns on the Receiver in DSS mode,turns on the DSS, switches the TV to VIDEO1 input (a discrete advanced code I put on 3L), then leaves me using my DS device.

I use 2L to activate my DVD in the same fashion and SETUP + 2L to activate my SVHS deck in the same fashion. SETUP + 1L turns on my TV in tuner mode for watching cable TV channels.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse