Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 19, 1999 at 23:11
David B
Historic Forum Post
I had an ALL OFF macro assigned to the SETUP+Exit key on my Cinema7. No matter which device that was in use I could press SETUP then EXIT and ti would shut down my system. On a fluke I decided I wanted to move ALL LIGHTS OFF from the MUTE button in my AUX device setup for X-10 control. I'm frequently forgetting I'm in X-10 mode when I want to unmute the TV and it result in all my X-10 lights going out. Forgetting about alerady having my ALL OFF macro on the SETUP+Exit key I remapped the ALL LIGHTS OFF from the MUTE button to the SETUP+Exit key. Then I remapped the TV's mute button to the X-10 device's mute. The second after doing this I thought "Damn, I'll bet I just erased that ALL OFF macro!". Guess what? Setup+Exit in X-10 device turns all the lights off. Setup+Exit in ALL OTHER devices STILL shuts down my system.

Lesson? After creating a macro on a key, it seems you can remap the key using either magic codes, learned codes, or remapped keys on any device without corrupting the macro function on the other devices. Amazing!

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse