Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 27, 1999 at 19:04
Mike Schuster
Historic Forum Post
I have just retired my URC-7020 AV Producer to my girlfriend, anticipating updating to a more modern model like the URC-7800 Cinema 7, which has modern devices like DVD and MD.
One of the great things about One For All remotes is the hidden capability; equally infuriating is how this information is not included in the bundled in manual.
One nice thing about the 7020 which has fewer buttons than more recent models, is the ability to "stack" functions on most buttons by pressing the MAGIC (now called SETUP) button before the key; effectively doubling the number of available keys.
This is great for stacking EFC's on the "Shifted" versions of each key. You assign/move in the same way; simply press MAGIC before the target key when doing a key move.
(e.g. DEVICE MAGIC** 994 EFC MAGIC KEY .. assignes the EFC to the SHIFTED alternate to the key).
Now ... does this work on the Cinema 6 and 7?

Second question: sitting with my Sony 000 TV code list, I assigned lots and lots of EFC's to the 7020's shifted and unused keys. There are two whose functions
I can't figure out. One is TRINITONE (high and low settings) and the other is ASC (on/off) which appears to be some sort of auto picture adjustment thingie.
SONY TV owners ... and help?

Hosting Services by ipHouse