Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday December 30, 1999 at 02:32
MrBeetle
Historic Forum Post
Ingen: You probably have a valid point. The remote is probably just very powerful. But, how powerful of a remote is needed?

For me, I have a rather small apartment. (Keep in mind, I'm a college kid). My "home theater" (which soon is going to be upgraded to 5.1) conists of a 27" TV, DPL reciever, CD changer, VCR, DVD, 2 big speakers, 2 little and a center channel... (all crappy KLH, but I'm poor! =) )

This is all in an area that is about 15" square, give or take. Include a kitchen and dining area, it's about 35 x 15 (that is the extent of TV viewing)

I am able to point the remote in just about any direction, from anywhere in the room and control things flawlessly.

As for the cinema 7.... I tried learning the commands off of the DVD remote, and then they worked fine. Why would they work OK then, and not direct off pre-programmed codes?

Also, a final off topic Q. I'm getting 5.1 reciever, and currently have DPL. I don't have enough $$$ to upgrade speakers, and barley enough to get a sub and new digital reciever. First off... Where do the big speakers go (for DPL and 5.1). In front, or in rear? Also, I want to get a best buy reciever. (I have some gift certificate $$$, plus friend's discount) What do you suggest for a $350-400 price range?

TIA, and looking forward on the learning response.

Hosting Services by ipHouse