Post 4 made on Sunday November 28, 2004 at 10:09
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 11/28/04 00:39 ET, S13dg3 said...
I'm looking for a program where I can key in the
codes (or model numbers) then generate the programming
WAV file for this remote. Any ideas?

There is nothing that simple that I've heard of. But there is a collection of (free) programs that together can do that job. All are available from the JP1 forum.

1) RM (RemoteMaster). This lets you open and view any of the upgrade files from the large collection in the JP1 forums.
You can tell RM to convert the upgrade to be for a 9960 instead of whatever model it was originally posted for.
You can view which functions are assigned to which keys and rearrange them to your preference.
Finally, you tell RM to copy an internal description of the whole upgrade to the clipboard for IR.EXE
You could also use RM to build upgrades from scratch based on data from other sources, such as CCF files via DecodeCCF.exe

2) IR.EXE. With this program you create an "new" eeprom image for a 9960, then "add" upgrades one at a time from the clipboard (where RM put them).
IR can accumulate several upgrades into one eeprom image (RM works with only one upgrade at a time).
Then you can tell IR to produce a .wav file from the upgrades portion of that eeprom image.

3)IrToWav. This program needs to be installed, but you don't directly use it. IR.EXE uses it to do the work of creating the .wav file.

Hosting Services by ipHouse