Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday September 15, 2003 at 10:02
Spiky
Founding Member
May 2001
G50,

I do not own anything by Bose. When I was 17 and buying my first set of speakers, I didn't like the way Bose sounded and purchased Polk Audio instead. Now that I've learned a bit more and my ears have become more refined, I can hardly believe I even considered Bose back then, they sound so horrible. Please don't be insipid, or I will simply go back to being nasty to you.

CD is not as good as better formats. Period. Why is this discussion even going on?? Do you think my 14 year old Taurus can beat a BMW M5 off the line, too? Comparing CD to LP, DVD-A, SACD shows that CD has a cold, digital sound that is not as pleasing. While it does have better range than LP, I still prefer listening to LP as it doesn't strain my ears and brain. The new digital formats are even better. The one place CD has all comers beat is availability. Which is worth something, but we've been discussing audio, not what's on the rack at Best Buy.

BTW, a scratched CD should have no audible difference to a non-scratched CD. Unless the scratch actually stops the sound for a moment. Also, that is what my Skip Doctor is for.

If you have dulled your ears to the point that you don't realize CD isn't all that great, sorry. Pretty much 99% of us get to look forward to that day, I hope it's a long way off for myself. Keeps my father in business. (hearing aids)

Hosting Services by ipHouse