Founding Member
May 2001
On 07/16/03 00:42, Krush019 said...
I listen to music premastered on flat frequency
monitors almost everyday. When I burn that premaster
to cd and listen to it on the same monitors I
can hear very little difference. Most customers
can hear no difference at all.

Another easy difference is that CD is fatiguing. I have yet to experience that from analog, SACD or DVD-A.

So you're denying that the difference matters, not that it is there. A J6P argument that saddens me. The whole point of being interested in the best sound and/or video from this hobby is in NOT being one of the masses. My system did not come in one box for $500, and the difference is obvious. I have had people who are simply aware that I like audio and video demonstrate their "system" to me trying to impress me. One friend turned his car stereo up so loud trying to get bass from a Delco factory setup that I thought the circuits were going to fry right there. I shouldn't even have to say that the sound was so inaccurate at that point it made me want to cry.

If you are listening for a difference you may
find one, but will you notice this without looking
for it? That’s the real issue, most people will
find no more listening pleasure from a sacd than
cd (I'm talking strictly 2 track here). Most people
won't notice any difference based on format unless
you point it out.

"Most" people do not care about the difference between CD and cassette, either. They have often never heard of SACD. I have friends who are techno-freaks on most anything electronic, I say I got a new SACD and they reply, "What?" Quite frankly, I don't give a damn about what MOST people think in the realm of audio or video. The fact that Sony can still sell their crappy, fall-apart products prove that MOST people are wrong on many levels.

Apparently I didn't quote your last comment, but to reply to it: if surround is the only improvement, SACD and DVD-A will die tomorrow. Because Dolby Pro Logic II is easily good enough for MOST people. And it's right there in receivers ranging from $200 to $5000.

Hosting Services by ipHouse