The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday July 29, 2002 at 13:01
Spiky
Founding Member
May 2001
If no one's noticed, the R4 version for this year has been cancelled. Since there is a remastered version supposedly coming out in R1 and R2 (at least) in 2003, they decided to skip the lesser version in R4. R4 should get the remastered version next year, as well.

CONSUMER MEDIA RELEASE
MAY 2002

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

R4 BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DVD BOXSET
POSTPONED UNTIL MID-2003

Earlier this year Universal Pictures Video Australia announced the planned release of a Battlestar Galactica DVD Box Set for June 2002. This has now been postponed until Mid-2003.

Tim Smith, Senior Product Manager for Universal Pictures Video Australia explains: "After initially announcing the box set some months ago we never imagined the groundswell of support for this release not only from Australian fans, but also from fans from all over the world. We had received so much feedback from fans as to what they would like to see in the collection - as it stands today it simply does not do a release of this calibre the justice it deserves in order to be ready for its original planned release date".

"Many additional elements I had hoped to have ready for our release are still being researched at this very moment in the U.S. and simply would not be ready to make our planned release date. In addition to this, there are major sound and image enhancements being carried out to the original masters. Whilst our local digital masters were assessed and cleared for DVD authoring, it makes more sense to await for the extensive remastering to allow the very best quality that DVD can provide".

"In 2003 there will be a lot of activity surrounding the 25th Anniversary of Battlestar Galactica, including a planned new television mini-series. I believe the decision to postpone the release is the best we could make at this moment. I say to fans - you are being heard, just hold out a little longer - you'll not be disappointed."

Hosting Services by ipHouse