The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday October 11, 2003 at 19:11
JSap
Long Time Member
October 2003
#8 - RIAA action.. Who cares? Downloaded movies have a only a fair video quality and even poorer audio. They might be useful in weeding out the weak movies instead of wasting the $$ to rent.

I am glad you are happy since you obviously don't understand what you are getting for $20.

First I stated that the cost of VHS was cheaper in spite of the fact that the media is more. True you get extras but I but for the movie not the extras. The extra cost is strictly because they can so maybe the downloading helps keep them in check.

Second The video quality on DVDs is crap compared to what is available. The video on DVDs is 480i (480 line of resolution interlaced). Most new TVs can handle 720p or better (my plasma will handle 1125i). For years people complained about car comp. Controlling the tech. for efficient cars but what about the entertainment industry (both music and movies) controlling A/V equipment makers. Higher quality DVD would produce lager files and make it even less cost effective to copy them.

So how about $20 for something worth $20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse