The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Wednesday January 29, 2003 at 03:19
Bruce Burson
Founding Member
October 2001
Got my discs in (Star Wars trilogy and Indian Jones trilogy) and have watched them now. I placed the order on the 15th, received an e-mail confirming they shipped on the 16th, they arrived the 25th. This is an excellent shipping time for me. I live in Germany, but shipped them to a US APO address which means they went to New York before being relayed to me. Even from an address originating within the US, it often takes longer than ten days for me to get things.

I don't have anything to add to Johnla and the Captain's reviews. The video quality is _much_ better than my VHS tapes, and the audio is phenomenal, both the Dolby and DTS tracks.

One subjective thing: As I have mentioned in other threads, I generally prefer the DTS soundtracks over the Dolby, but not this time. Both my spouse and I agree that (to us) the Dolby 5.1 track sounded best. The various effects seemed more discrete and less muddy, IMHO.

Reference the Indiana Jones trilogy, virtually _all_ the same comments apply (packaging, audio/subtitle options, video/audio quality).

Well worth the money, both sets!
Never confuse your career with your life.

Hosting Services by ipHouse