The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 27, 2004 at 15:51
scott1598
Founding Member
May 2002
For those that have this player for region free and PAL movies, etc..

I am having some trouble understanding I think the 4:3 Letter Box option and 16x9 option on the player itself.
My Sony TV has the 16x9 Widescreen option set to auto so all my movies R1 that I play on my Sony DVD player utilize the sharp, true Widescreen format automatically when I put in a DVD that is recorded as such (you see it instantly revert at DVD menu from full screen to 16x9 when the DVD plays)

I set the 16x9 option on the Philips and an R1 release that I put in (Swingers) played as if it were in Full Screen. Now this is recorded in 16x9 Wide so it should have played it fine. It didn't. I then set the Philips to the 4:3 Letter Box option while the Sony TV was still set to Auto and it played it in the true 16x9 aspect.

Then I tried some other DVD's, non-reg and PAL and they only would play 16x9 when I set the TV 16x9 option to "On" and the Philips to 16x9, it would not do the enhancing automatically like it should.

I know this is a bit confusing and I am not sure if I am explaining correctly, but can someone help me alleviate this problem?? Thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse