The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday October 28, 2003 at 11:18
ljckbailey
Long Time Member
October 2003
Thanks to ccbates! The stop before power off seems to work fine. The player still loads the last disk played but it does not accually play it.

By the way, since you are considering purchasing oa 985. . . I am very happy with the player as I use it. Quantified, that means, the pic quality is excellent and the mechanical operation is good. I have 300+ disks loaded for about 6 weeks now. No jams, No problems. I will say however that the "Folder Interface" is in my estimation useless. Too slow and to difficult to use to find or play your selction. Not to mention tedious to input the data.

But forunately I use Super Nude to load all dvd data in my pronto. Its slick and easy to use. All of my dvds perfectly organized in my pronto. Two buttons is all that is required to find and play a selection.

If I had to use the onboard 'Folder" system I'd send it back and buy anouther pioneer 727. I order the new Kenwood (very expensive) 5900 and was not impressed (I can give you the reasons if your interested). I have a 65" HD Wide Tv (using component outputs) and with 13 years as a broadcast engineer it was my experience that the pic with the sony ($399 List) is better than that of the Kenwood ($1400 List)

For what it's worth. . .

If you have any other questions before you buy let me know here and I'll try to help.

Thanks again.

Hosting Services by ipHouse