Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 26, 2003 at 18:33
MrAnderson
Lurking Member
November 2003
Hi all,

I've searched this forum for the sort of problem I'm seeing (or not as the case may be!) and not found anything similar, so I'm gonna take the risk of being pointed to a post describing the same problem!!! ;-)

I have a DELL Axim w/PPC2002 and the un-registered version of PDAWin (only 'cos I want to be sure it works right - when I've got my CCF working, I'll straight down to Handango to buy it).

I also have a Pronto RU890 (the 1Mb B&W original).

I've had the Pronto for years now and have developed my system CCF just how I like it at the moment, albeit still in B&W.

The problem is after I have converted the RU890 CCF to a TSU2000, TSU6000 by various methods using PE4.0.5, loaded it up into the Axim, I get the white "Load CCF File" screen every time I try and load thr converted CCF. I've had success loading the same CCF into NetRemote (not much use to me as I need IR and haven't got a HTPC ... yet! ;-) )

I've also had success loading up the Pioneer PDP-503CMX CCF from this site but it's just a single device, but gives me confidence that PDAWin is working - plus I get a range of 8 feet if pointing absolutely directly at the Plasma's IR window.

Conversion methods used.
I've Exported the CCF from a RU890 to a TSU2000 and 6000 - PDAWin still fails to show my CCF, just the Load CCF screen.

Also, once PE4.0.5 was in TSU6000 mode, I've loaded up the original RU890 CCF and PE prompts me to convert the 4 level grey-scale to colours. So I do and then save the configuration as a TSU6000 CCF (Save As option doesn't give you a choice anyway)
...still no luck on PDAWin.

If someone has seen this problem and knows what causes it or can try converting my CCF (only 366Kb in RU890 format) it would be much appriciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Mr Anderson

Hosting Services by ipHouse