The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday February 27, 2005 at 02:42
ian_finder
Lurking Member
February 2005
You should all install the Linux bootloader at handhelds.org and use it to extract exact copies of your windows CE roms (Don't worry-- you can use it without linux, you won't notice it's different from the stock windows ce loader). You can extract, reflash, and share your exact rom images for testing purposes, without risking anything (as long as the bootloader is installed properly) Also, you'll need a serial cable to reflash, but w/e. I think it'd really help with total remote debugging. Also, don't worry-- any 5550's firmware will run on any other 5550 unit-- there's no weird H/W revision thing. Hell, I even hacked a 5450's firmware into my 5550! (Unfortunately, and predictably, Nevo didn't work) Btw-- You don't need the serial cable and hacked bootloader to extract the rom-- only to reflash it.

Oh--- And if Griffin wants to sent me a free totalremote, I'd _gladly_ reflash my unit with every available firmware and help with advanced debugging on the 5550 (and simpler debugging on the axim x30.) HeHeHeHe. :-D On a more serious note, though, If I can get rom images from people, I may actually be able to help with aspects not involving the total remote hardware (but who knows, I mighy buy totalremote in the future)

This message was edited by ian_finder on 02/27/05 02:51 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse