Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday February 20, 2005 at 12:42
caryG
Lurking Member
February 2005
Hi,

I have the same problem trying to run Total Remote 2.2.577 on an iPaq H5550 with firmware 1.10.10 ENG. The TR application works fine with the built-in IrDA, but nothing happens when I select the "Griffin Technology IR device".

To check if some sort of signal comes out of the TR transmitter, I checked the two LEDs through my Sony DSC-V1 digital camera in 'nightframing' mode and I can see a very weak signal being emitted on the TR LEDs. I tried with two other TR modules and the behaviour is the same.

When I connect headphones in the audio jack and use the TR application, I can clearly hear a loud sound when pressing buttons in the TR application. When I go back and select the IrDA as the Infrared sending device, there is no sound in the headphones when pressing buttons in the TR application.

So everything looks like it should work, but it doesn't.

I tried several things like changing the System volume on Sounds and Notifications and system volume, but to no avail. In fact, any changes made did not alter the sound perceived through the headphones.

By process of elimination, the culprit is the audio jack on the iPaq. Is the audio signal too weak for the TR module to work on? It shouldn't be since the sound heard via the headphones was really loud. I tried sending commands up against the IR receiver on my Sony DVD player and nothing happened. This is somewhat different from the 100 feet claim by Griffin Technology and the compatibility claim with the iPaq H5550 isn't true from what I see.

I see other threads with lots of people having the same issues with the Total Remote module on iPaqs H55xx.

Surely, we would know by now what the problem is, since most people with H55xx have this issue?

Can anybody assist? This piece of equipment would be great if only I could get to work.

Thanks very much in advance for all replies and assistance.

Cary G

Hosting Services by ipHouse