The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday May 12, 2000 at 15:22
Eric Johnson
Historic Forum Post
Jeff,

You must have discrete codes for all of your components. I have an inkling that most of the people raving about the T2 are those who want one touch turn on macros but have components with toggle type power commands.

The T2 will be extremely popular with professional installers because of two reasons:

The first reason is the aforementioned conditional handling of power commands based on the actual power status of the component.

The second reason is the ease of programming. I have taught classes for installers around the country on both the Pronto/RC5000 and the Lexicon 700T. The learning curve for the 700T is about one tenth that of the Pronto/RC5000.

The programming software for the Pronto/RC5000 is basicly barely evolved development software. It uses more mouse clicks per action than anything ever seen. The RTI IR Library manager is the most competently designed interface for QUICKLY programming IR codes I have ever seen. The opposite of the ProntoEdit method.

That is a very sincere compliment! I designed the programming interface for the Niles IntelliControl with Hector Aguirre (of Elan) and I have helped other companies develop their interfaces.

Hosting Services by ipHouse