The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday December 5, 2000 at 22:38
Jeff
Historic Forum Post
Rob,

Yes! I just finished figuring that one out. Looks like this won't be the way to go in the long run though b/c my plan in avoiding learning the second remote was to be able to tweak the macros on the primary TiVo and then just duplicate it, select all the buttons and change the output from the first TiVo to the second one. Unfortunately, the commands w/in the macro aren't affected by their button being selected. So this is as bad or worse than having to re-drag all the commands in from a second remote. Arghh.

I think I will go to the alternate approach of using the Guide button to move to an alternate page where the arrows act like cursors.

I also found that if I put the commands used in the macros on their own button in an unused frame, and then use these instead of pulling from the library allows the attributes of the buttons to be used instead of the default all-zone behavior.

Another question though: When using macros, do you put the default button command in the final "else" of your macro or on the button itself, or both? I'm still testing, but it seems like macro behavior is different if the command is in the macro than if it is on the button.

Jeff

Hosting Services by ipHouse