The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 18, 2000 at 13:47
Charlie
Historic Forum Post
Hi all -

Just got the MX-1000 yesterday, and so far: disappointment. The MX Operating Program is so incredibly unstable that it's next to useless for anything other than basic editing. It seems as if error trapping was not on the programmer's priority list, which I abhor.

I've made some buttons, larger (but not drastically so), nice ones, and everythime I go to download them to the remote, I get a "Run time error '6': Overflow". That's if I put just *one* of these things on the remote.

Daniel, have you had any problems with those nifty buttons you made? If possible, could you share your setup so I may compare (plus I really dig the look and feel you've developed for the remote).

Anybody else noticed any issues between the MXOP and Photoshop 6? I can't run them simultaneously, which is sorta a drag.

And one last one: has anybody had problems with the responsiveness of the remote? I often have to key in things twice to get them to register with my Sony XBR TV. Frustrating, to say the least.

I'm giving 'em until Tuesday before I take advantage of the 30 day money-back guarantee. Then it's off to Pronto-land. To be fair, that's probably not enough time to work out the issues, but I'm tired of waiting for the remote to come together. The MX-1000 was promising, but I seem to be beset by problems due to the rushing of the software. Ah, well.

Thanks,

charlie

Hosting Services by ipHouse