Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 14, 2000 at 16:13
nicks
Historic Forum Post
I've been lurking on this site for some time planning my first move into a good remote control. I first was impressed by the Pronto due to how much you can customize using the PC software. I was almost ready to purchase the Pronto when the MX-1000 came along. I immediately liked the idea of more hard buttons, including the joystick control. I've been reading the reviews and comments in the forums to determine if this will satisfy my needs. One item has come up several times, but not really addressed - discrete codes.

I can't imagine not being able to assign discrete codes (i.e. TV on, TV off, TV video 1, ect..) to the macros in the remote. Without this, the person using the remote have to know how the system is setup and how to get to each function. I want everyone who wants to use the system to be able to, say, turn on the TV, receiver, and DVD player and setup all the video and audio regardless of what they were doing before (i.e. listening to a CD). To me the only way to do this is by using discrete codes.

So, the question is, can I use discrete codes with the MX-1000? If so, where can I get these codes for my system (can I use the ones published on this site for the Pronto)?

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse