The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 2, 2005 at 01:30
CaTiRo
Lurking Member
January 2005
i just purchase a philips dvd recorder (dvdr75/17) from circuit city today. it was an open box item. it was just the recorder, no manual, no power cord, no remote, nothing but the actual recorder itself. and circuit city was only selling it for $49. i thought that was a pretty good deal so i got it. i knew i had a power cord that would fit it and i have a philips universal remote (pmdvr8) that i thought (hope) would have the ability to control this recorder. so i got home and looked through my remote manual and there are no codes for dvd recorders. i need the remote because when i turn the dvd recorder on it goes to the setup screen. i was hoping i could use the buttons on the dvd itself but per the manual (which i downloaded) i have to use the remote. my question is: does anyone know if there is a code that would work for my particular remote? does anyone know where i can possible order a new remote? my remote has the learning feature but i need a master remote so i can recode the functions. any help or suggestions would be great appreciated.

thanks,
CaTiRo

Hosting Services by ipHouse