Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday June 11, 2003 at 14:57
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 06/11/03 14:19, Impaqt said...
I need to generate some Pronto Hex codes from
an RC-5 remote. The RC5200 wont recognize the
code at all when I try to learn into it.

That's strange. I'm not the best person to help you diagnose that. But getting that right may be your best approach.

a 15-2102 Philips VCR codeset 085

That tells me less than you might think. Despite the similar model number the 2102 is not one of the RS remotes designed by UEI, so "085" tells me nothing. Maybe others reading this know what it means.

We seem to have just the fact that it is a moderately standard VCR code set using RC-5 protocol. I don't know how many code sets fit that description, maybe just one. I do have ways to find that and may look later.

Hopefully, this will make some sense to someone
(johnsfine) Basically, I need Pronto hex for
import into a T2 so long string version,

By "long string" I assume you mean the ones that start 0000 rather than 5000. I hope you understand that means the toggle bit won't toggle. For most devices that means you can never use the same command twice in a row (makes it hard to tune the VCR to channel 11). There are kludgy work arounds to that problem.

I know
MakeHex should do this for me, but I'm not sure
exactly h ow to set it up to generate the codes
from the information I've been given.

What information do you have? Do you have short form (5000 type) pronto hex? Do you have the system code (or address or device number etc., It is called a variety of things) and a set of command numbers?

There are other programs for generating long form Pronto Hex for RC-5. I saw one somewhere in the following site a while back, but am having trouble navigating through it now:
[Link: home.hccnet.nl]

Whatever tool you use, you still need those numbers that are the last two 4-digit values in the 5000 format hex.

Hosting Services by ipHouse