The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday June 12, 2003 at 11:06
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I got the PDF. It doesn't really explain "Address". I assume "Address" is a configurable property of the device allowing you to have multiple of the devices in the same room controlled by IR and not interfering with each other. (They don't say anything like that. I'm just assuming). It doesn't seem to tell how to configure the Address. I hope you don't need to test all 255 adresses to see which one was configured by the previous owner. I looked at one command in the MackII CCF and it has an address of 00. There's a good chance they all default to 00, so address won't be a problem. (The CCF has a "System" value of 03 and the PDF says the "Cinema" model always uses a System value of 01.)

The ID1 value is badly documented. My best guess at its meaning is that it is intended for use in two-way RS232 communication (controlling the device from a computer) and just using the value 01 always for ID1 will turn off most of the consequences of using a one way IR remote in a design intended for two way RS232.

Hosting Services by ipHouse