The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday August 23, 2004 at 05:26
FrancoRosso
Long Time Member
December 2003
On 08/02/03 15:13 ET, Chris Morrill said...
I've been using mega changers for my CD collection
for some time now. Been thinking of doing the
same thing for my DVD's. I have Sony mega changes,
400 disk and a 200 disk, that are controlled by
a computer via CDJ and Slink-e. I’ve been researching
both the Sony (300 disks) and Kenwood (400 disk)
DVD changers. Are these my only options? 480P
is required, computer control is a plus.

I just returned a Sony DVP-CX985 to Frys after using it for almost a month. What a waste of engineering talent. They took something that could be the coolest device around, and for the lack of a few additional features they made it almost unuseable. I'm talking about the interface that you are supposed to be able to use to pick your DVDs and CDs to play. It just sucks. It doesn't recognize more than about one in thirty of your DVDs, and so you have to type in the name by hand. Then, if you want to pick a scene from the DVD to use as an icon, you have to start the movie, navigate to a scene, and then press a button. Five minutes minimum per DVD, and then to add insult to injury the quality of the screen shot is horrible. Let's see what's next, it's slow, and every time you hit the "Folder" button to find a disc I think it has to start from scratch and read every one, it's that slow. Every time you power it on it plays the last dvd that was playing, a function that you are supposed to be able to turn off, but can't. The browser only shows a small number of DVDs at a time (5, I think), and that means more time trying to find a movie. And there is no S-link. There's more, but I'm getting bored writing. Oh yeah, I have also had two Sony DVD players die the infamous C32:00 death within the last year. The ONLY reason I bought this player was because the rest of my system is Sony, but that was a dumb reason. Anyone got any recommendations for a good, inexpensive DVD player not by Sony?
Franco

Hosting Services by ipHouse