David Anderson
Long Time Member
February 2005
On 08/08/05 17:29 ET, Dracula said...
Your experience validates what I have been saying
about the Editor sloppy programming. If you make
changes in button functions, the Editor will leave
corrupted device data.

Unfortunately, there are several other examples of URC's poor attention to detail.

1. The MX-850 programming manual available for download from the URC website doesn't mention the MX-850.

2. They never made a clean changeover from the MX-850's original alternative name of Orion to the new name of Aeros (ref my earlier post at [Link: remotecentral.com]).

3. The factory reset procedure (press Main and Stop) is not documented in the programming manual - at least it is certainly not in the index.

4. They programmed keyboard shortcuts Ctrl C/Ctrl V for copy/paste in the Editor but didn't include Copy or Paste in any pull down menu, contrary to Windows conventions.

5. There are some non-intuitive aspects to importing devices from an MXD file but this process is not documented in the manual (which appears not to have been updated for two years!).

6. There is no online help in the Editor.

No doubt there are plenty of other examples but I've only been using this kit for about 12 days .......

However, just in case I seem to be rather negative about URC, let me also say that despite such irritations my MX-850/MRF-300 combo is doing everything I wanted it to do and it knocks spots off my Pronto. I'd also take the URC editor any day over ProntoEdit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse