Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 29, 2007 at 17:35
novakrj
Long Time Member
January 2006
(little lengthy but i need advise)

i purchased an MX-850 (and base unit) almost two years ago, downloaded the software, and programmed my remote. love it. on my recommendation, a couple friends have purchased the same, and i've helped them set them up.

this week i helped another set-up a system, the final step of which was to program their remote for them. i didn't have the codes for a couple of their components so i updated my files, but still didn't have the files they needed. tried to update one more time and got a message that i could no longer do that without a license or authorization (forgot how it was worded). so...

what are my options?

1) if i steered this friend wrong, company policy has change and i can no longer program it, that is what it is. i'm sure there are reasons. i can exchange for them (already confirmed this with my retailer) and program a lesser remote manually.

2) what about me? when i purchased, i did so because it would give me the flexibility to do it myself, which i enjoy. if i add a new component (won't be long) and don't have the codes....then what? i paid over $500 (including base unit) and am not feeling comfortable with the situation.

thanks for any advice or education.

Hosting Services by ipHouse