The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 18, 2007 at 14:30
Scott Berrry
Founding Member
December 2001
I have a MX-900 and a MX-950 on the way and I've played around with programming and read the manual and I'm at a bit of a impasse. The concepts are somewhat clear as to what I want to accomplish, but the specifics as how to get there are not. Is there a guide somewhere to help a beginner learn the programming? Or maybe I can hire someone local to help train me and the remote at the same time?

Situation:

Denon Reciever
Toshiba TV
Phillips DVD
Uverse (Motorola Box but soon to be directv)

So I understand how to tell the software which deivces I have in the setup... but I don't understand the "flow".

A good example is the DVD player... when I hit the "ON" on the remote I don't want the DVD player to turn on. However, when I hit the "WATCH and then DVD" buttons I would want it to turn on. But how do I know when to turn it off?

What do I do for a device where I need to learn all the codes? Like uverse... do I go through each button manually? If so in what "states" do those buttons know the codes.. for example, if I learn the "play" button from the uverse remote.. how does that button know how to react when I'm watching a DVD?

Help!

Hosting Services by ipHouse