The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 10, 2007 at 11:54
pmauro
Long Time Member
November 2003
I just received an MX-810 yesterday and was so impressed with the software and hardware that I had to post a review. Aside from a couple of small bugs (that will be posted on a separate thread) I was able to program a home theater, bedroom and kitchen system in 4 hours. I saved hours and hours of the usual trial, error and tweaking.

BACKGROUND
I am a Home Theater enthusiast with a background in software product development so I have never been interested in paying someone to program my remote. Especially after sinking so much money into remotes and RF receivers.

MY URC experience is from my "non-narrowband" MX-3000 and MX-850 remotes. I have always had a love hate relationship with these remotes. They do the job most of the time, but the software was horrible. For someone who does not do this for a living, I had to deal with a learning curve every time I tried to add a new device to my system. Still I want the best there is and I am too cheap to pay someone to program my remote so I lived with it.

Recently my MX-3000 stopped working all together because RF interference in my equipment closet became out of hand. No matter where I moved the receiver it would fail - I had to upgrade. Since I am building a second home theater I am in the market for another remote. This became a perfect chance to see if there were some better products out there.

I stumbled upon the MX-810 when my home theater installer recommended it. I was surprised because I have seen absolutely no mention of it here or anywhere else for that matter. How could such a revolutionary remote (for URC at least) go so unnoticed? Talk about lack of buzz for a product. Well I am really glad I found it - I have a feeling that it won't be the last one I buy or recommend.

NEXT POST: FIRST IMPRESSIONS & SETUP

Hosting Services by ipHouse