Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 4, 2007 at 09:26
yardbird
July 2005
I am on my second Harmony remote (an 880). Now before you all go "yuck! Harmony is da suckage!" I have to say that the Harmony has saved me a ton of grief because of what it does. Eliminate the need for my family members to have to know which device is on what input. I am MORE than open to looking at URC remotes as I am getting tired of the Harmony web based thing... although I really don't use it all that often. I think it's kind of limiting in a lot of ways.

Here is what I have now:
Panasonic TH42PX60U, Sony STR-DE685, Panasonic DRM-ES15S, Dishnetwork VIP622
I *might* be replacing the STR-DE685 with a Yamaha RX-V659
I have all of the original remotes and they work.

question 1:
Is there a place where I can look up my equipment (and planned equipment) and see what commands are available? Whether or not they have discretes for on/off and input selection? Stuff like that?

question 2:
Can you suggest a URC remote (that doesn't break the bank) that would fit the way we watch TV primarily? That would be... sit down to watch TV and that "activity" means watching TV through satellite AND often using the DVR features... so I'm guessing I would want transport buttons including things like skip-forward, etc. That one gets used a LOT when playing back DVR'ed content.

NO TOUCH SCREENS! hehehehe... I hate them. In fact if you would like a Sony RM-AV3000 very reasonable, just let me know.

Yes I am looking at URC's web site. Have to say that I may be getting overwhelmed, but they look like the most logical next remote for us at this time. I just don't know which one.
Panasonic TH42PX60U, Yamaha RX-V667, DirecTV HR24, Sony DVP-NC80V, URC MX-980, PSX-2

Hosting Services by ipHouse