The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 4, 2007 at 21:57
jtodd939
Long Time Member
December 2007
One of the things I hate about the RF-20 remote is its inability to selectively turn on/off only select components when a macro is set. For example, say I have a TV, Receiver, and DVD player. With the URC-200, I can create a Macro that says: from MAIN-header when ON is pressed, turn on TV AND Receiver. This way when I'm in DVD-header, if I push ON the DVD player will turn on but nothing else. Or if I'm in TV-header and I press ON, only the TV will turn on (not the receiver as well).

With the RF-20, if I set a Macro for TV and Receiver to turn on from MAIN-header I'm prevented from being able to turn on any other components. Every time I hit ON, it turns on/off my TV and Receiver (regardless of what header is displayed on the remote). I called Universal Remote Control and they said this is a feature of the RF-20. Seems a horrible design change to me.

Is there some other way to get my TV and Receiver to turn on and off together with the push of one button while still retaining the ability to selectively turn on and off other components?

Hosting Services by ipHouse