Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday December 18, 2007 at 17:52
jgt_fz6
Lurking Member
December 2007
Dale, thanks for getting back with me.

Here are a few more details. I have an older Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver and a new Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD player. Since my receiver does not support the newer HD audio bit streams, my hope was to use the 5.1 external decoder input on my receiver and the 5.1 output from the HD-DVD player (and let the HD-DVD player do the HD bit stream decode).

The trouble is that the IR code that I have for the external decoder input on the receiver is a toggle only code (TOAD), and it does not turn off with another IR code input change to the receiver (such as for the TV). So the MX-810 activity for the DVD player will turn the external decoder on, but the MX-810 activity for watching the TV needs to know whether or not to toggle the external decoder feature on the receiver. I was hoping to somehow create a variable for the MX-810 that I could check in the TV activity and either toggle the external decoder, or not, based on the state of the variable.

Another option would be discrete codes for the external decoder, but so far I have been unsuccessful in finding them. I found the discrete codes for another Yamaha receiver (much newer than mine), but they did not work.

Any suggestions you might offer would be much appreciated.
Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse