Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 7, 1999 at 08:38
billy c
Historic Forum Post
.Hi everyone....for any of you that are interested,yes, Directv is broadcasting some hdtv signals on a daily basis......also, to convert ur rca dtc-100
to ur current tv's, u will need to go to radio shack for the proper adapters, if the output on the back of the dtc-100 wont work on ur tv/projection set.......or better still contact
Extron products corp, they make an entire product line of adapters, hi-rez wire, video distr amps,
line doublers, and scan converters with the appropriate hook-up wire....they are located in calif, and are also on the internet......their products WORK and are ultra hi-end.....also, for the BEST picture, u might want to add a line doubler prior to the input on ur tv or projector:
we are gpoing to research this issue with some R& D over the next couple weeks.....some will accept the frequencies some will not, but there is so much new hi-tech stuff out there now , we are gonna check with Extron for their input.....NOTE;
just like some of the new RPTV's by mitsu, pioneer,sony,THAT ARE CURRENTLY using their own proprietary form of a line doubler, when u line double the input or the pixels, u are effectively doubling the HORIZONTAL
RESOLUTION...giving u a seamless filmlike image, as good as a digital 1080p, or 720p (p, means progressive scan, or a digital input signal).....
.....i just dont know yet if last yrs models or even older will accept ,or can be adapted to accept a line doubled input signal from an rca dtc-100, or another mfg's equivalent processor....will let u all know what is going on....in any event, chk out the new hi-end rear projectors that have a line doubled picture.......they are STUNNING, with a dtc-100rca, or even without....why???....maybe just because they have effectively line doubled the image.........yes, yes, i know....am doing my research................thanx all
billy c
northeast satcomm
performance audio / video
everett ma 02149

Hosting Services by ipHouse