Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday December 30, 1999 at 07:24
billy c
Historic Forum Post
SATELLITE TIPS.....with response to daniel, as follows:we sell, install and service hme theatre and satellite , big and small dishes, for over 20 years.We have done the Fleet Centre and NESN and Fenway Park as a few example's....anyway,......the new sony A50, is as fast, or faster then the AD-4 it replaces.. We have them on display , and use them on a daily basis....its 32 bit processor is like a rocket ship....picture is the same as the much heralded SAS-AD4, and AD3..
we have both in stock, and for now an unlimited supply of the BRAND new A50 systems....but sony DOES have a problem keeping up with supply, so much so that circuit city in the northeast cant get ANY sony product, or just plain wont buy it anymore because of availability problems............and absolutely no service , or picture problem with the new A50's
or AD4's or AD3's.(never had one come back )....Hughes, newer E45's with UHF are not available yet, but i've been told have a stunning picture, and excellant menu's....all hughes equipment is good, with the D45 and E45 being the best.......the RCA #5451 system with the drd-515rb
AC-3 receiver is their best system, and has AC-3...has a stunning picture , good menu's, but is now discontinued....the DRD-4280's, which is the replacement unit is unavailable as yet, with a sprinkling of product here and there....both compare very favorably to the sony, in picture quality and features.....although the sony is state of the art supposedly, the ac-3 hughes
#E-45, and the rca 5451, and rca 4280, coming in a close second....with the soon to be expected hughes E-45 units, rivaling sony for top spot..as for the lower line rca's and hughes units, they are ok for budget minded people ....but the picture quality , i think, is not the same on the lower end rca's or hughes' receiver's....people sometimes buy lower end items because they either dont know what they are doing , or because they cant afford the extra money for the better product.....Remember, u get what u pay for in electronics , and this equip, is now so affordable , u're better off buying the better units if not for picture quality alone....THERE is a DIFFERENCE, at least to my eyes.......and the ac-3 is virtually identical from unit to unit......more on the DIGITAL set-top units from RCA and Panasonic at a later date...i'm all typed out for now...although, the rca dtc-100 does have a ouput copmpatibility plug problem with most newer T.V's. thats it for now folks'.....e mail me for further knowledge if u want it
billy c
comco sales group
northeast satcomm div.
everett ma 02149
617 394-9192

Hosting Services by ipHouse