Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday January 2, 2000 at 20:38
Roger Linkenhoker
Historic Forum Post
As someone that sold his DTV equipment to buy DISH, let me tell you that DISH is the choice. They're more responsive, give more bang for the buck, and are poised to give better and more channels in the future. Sure, DTV offers the sports packages exclusively, for now. But what are they really offering? The hype it as having "all of the NFL games available". But how many of those games can you watch at one time? Besides, the typical NFL market gets 5 games per week, on average.

I bought the NBA package one year so that I could watch my favorite out-of-market team any time I wanted. I'll bet that I didn't watch half of their games that were available. And whenever they played in my home city the game was blacked out, even though I had paid to see it!!

I love DISH. They forced RCA to lower the prices of their systems, and I believe that they have kept the price of programming down. I do have one thing to say good about DTV, though. I was able to sell my old system to some sucker on eBay for $450, and he was glad to have it!! Guess there really is one born every minute.

Hosting Services by ipHouse