Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday February 19, 2000 at 02:07
Bob
Historic Forum Post
I have just recently began having trouble with my picture and sound using my Sony DSS system. If anybody has experienced a similar problme or has any insight I would be appreciative. The only "new" component is a new Sony 32" TV - but is being used only as a monitor (video in) so I doubt this has caused the problem.

The following are the details:

- I have a full home theatre setup - all Sony (except for Klipsch main speakers)
- The DSS system is about 3 years old. (Single LNB)
- The picture problem is occasional digital artifacts/blur when bright and quick moving images are present. (DSS signal test measures about 80+)
- I also have cable and am able to compare the same channels between DSS and cable - and cable does not exhibit the problems.
- As for the sound problem - on certain channels I am getting a high-frequency "jumbled" sound in the left and right speakers both rear and front (but not center channel speaker). If I switch the surround sound off on my receiver, the noise ceases.

So I am left wondering - is there something wrong with my receiver, my DSS unit, or the transmission from DirectTV. Could it be because my DSS unit is a bit older? The picture and sound problems are subtle, but they are definitely there and bugging the hell out of me. This all started just recently and had it been only a sound or picture problem I might blame a component failure. But seeing as both are happening, it indicates something strange is likely happening.

Help!

Bob

Hosting Services by ipHouse