Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday February 20, 2000 at 23:23
Bob
Historic Forum Post
Last night I heard a loud snap while reading the paper and when I looked up I noticed a very thin (1/4") blue "hue" at the bottom center of the picture on my brand new Sony TV. The movie was mostly in a dark setting (Rambo). This blue hue now shows up randomly in dark settings - but only when using my Sony DSS receiver - never on cable. None of the TV settings (color, brightness, etc) are set at more than 50%.

Has anybody ever witnessed a blue "hue" randomly sneaking into the bottom of a picture before? I'm wondering if the snap I heard was something that blew in my DSS receiver or TV. Or if maybe I just never noticed the mysterious blue "hue" before.

The reason this concerns me (aside from the obvious) is that I've been having trouble with this new 32" Sony TV and the old Sony DSS (SAT-B1) receiver regarding digital artifacts. I never had them before with my Sony 27". I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of compatibility problem between the two units (ground loops or some other strange anomaly)

All responses appreciated....

Bob

Hosting Services by ipHouse