The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday March 13, 2000 at 09:49
Joe
Historic Forum Post
Here is my 2 cents.

You can struggle for content on your HDTV, even wonder when you will get the next decent picture to watch. Not only will it be HDTV, but will it be something you want to watch.

The big price tag for HDTV is the second reason to put this descision off.

What will happen if you don't buy it now?

The price of HDTV's will drop like in all new products.

The amount of decent HDTV movies, and other sources of HDTV content will increase. There will be dramatic increases in HDTV broadcasts in the next 5 years.

I suggest a very good quality big screen.. I just bought the KP-53V80 Sony. They are bright, sharp, and full of features versus the cut rate 'S' models. You will enjoy your S-video DVD, and S-Video DSS through one of these sets. They have a 61" model of the set I bought, I've even seen it for $2000.. I payed $1849 for my KP-53V80 through www.supremevideo.net or .com. One site will let you order on-line, and the other can only be done via telephone.

By the time your new big screen is not a joy to watch, HDTV will be in its prime, and you will be ready to get it for thousands less than you can today, and you will have much more you can do with it. Not to mention that your next DSS will be HDTV, and so will your next DVD player.

Now if money is no problem for you, go ahead and blow some of it on HDTV, it will at least be something you can bragg about to your friends, even if you don't get to actually see very much HDTV for the next few years.

My undertsanding is that we will be rolling in HDTV content by 2006..

Hosting Services by ipHouse