The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday August 10, 2001 at 14:27
Mikeyb
Historic Forum Post
A few things from this thread need correcting here:

1. Pioneer Elite's do not use 8" CRT's - they use 7" - same size as Mitsubishi's (except for the 73" model).

2. All three of Mitsubishi series HD ready widescreen TV's do not use the same 7" lenses. The systems are different in the level of quality they produce. The Diamond series lenses are superior to the Platinum-Plus...the technology used is a more advanced implimentation. The same is true comparing the Plus model to the plain Platinum.

3. The Zenith HD TV's may or may not be the best. The 64" model may very well be the best HDTV out there today though. It uses 9" CRT's, and can more fully resolve HD signals than any Pioneer Elite model. And the street price isn't much different than the Elite 64". The DVD images I've seen on this system using a cheap interlaced player were the most film-like quality image I've ever seen on any rear projection TV.

4. Yes, Zenith is still in business. And they have recently introduced the world's largest HDTV Plasma display - 60"! Zenith has restructed itself and is concentating on being a primary leader in digital technologies.

I'm not a re-seller or employee for any of these products, but I thought it appropriate to share some knowledge and correct some small mis-informative statements made.

Hosting Services by ipHouse