Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday September 1, 2001 at 13:12
randy
Founding Member
August 2001
Bill,

I respectfully disagree with you on the HBO DD. I have been receiving it in DD for over a year (on the standard HBOE and, of course on the HDTV feed also). It has been very random, not like StarzE which is almost every movie, but I can tell not only by my processors (a Meridian 861 in one room, a Meridian 568 in the other) kicking into DD, but by the volume reduction (how I first noticed it).

After noticing it, I emailed DISH and asked if there was a way to get notified of changes as there have been many that I have stumbled across, such as adding channels. Since I pay my bills via credit card debit, I do not receive a hard copy, on which they will occassionally print a brief overview of additions. DISH responded back that they did not have an auto email update, but to check out their website routinely (a waste of time since it says very little about the things I care about; HDTV, DD, Letterbox, etc.). The email went on to say that HBO had been transmitting DD for over a month (over a year ago).

So, I am not sure what you have read, but personal experience indicates otherwise. Otherwise, I agree with your comments and thank you for letting me know that HBOW is now in DD. Also, you fail to mention StarzE, the first non-PPV DISH channel to offer DD (for a couple of years now).

randy

Hosting Services by ipHouse