Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday February 13, 2001 at 11:37
Ed Boyer
Historic Forum Post
The Panasonic has selectable component or RGB out. Also has DD optical, analog L/R stereo, composite video, S-video and 75 ohm for OTA/cable. Also, unlike the Mits, it has selectable ouput format for the component video. The Mits will give only 108i from component and 480i from composite/S-video. The Panasonic has 108i, 760p, 480p and 480i. Also, if your monitor can handle all of them, it can be set to be automatic based on source.
Another nice feature of the Panasonic is that the output mode switch is on the front of the unit with LED indicators, the Mits has a slide switch on the back with no visible indicator. This is important if you plan to record anything, since most VCRs expect a 480i composite or S-video signal. This and the selectable output are why I chose the Panasonic.

Please note that all this is based on review of the specs, I have not yet seen the Panasonic in operation, I'm waiting for the install.

The Panasonic is sold without the dish. I purchased a "package" which included the DirecTV Plus oval dish and the Pansonic receiver for $999.95 (not including installation).

Hosting Services by ipHouse